In this guide, we’ll be walking through how to catch a Bear Acuda – a fish required to complete the quest “New Fishing Buddy”.
Wizard101 Bear Acuda
Essential Fishing Spells
- Lesser Flame Lure (Fishing Rank 2 Required)
- Reveal Fish school
You can get the rank 1 flame lure and reveal fish school spells from Lucky Hookline from the commons.
If you want to increase your chances at catching the Bear Acuda, you can also use the Minor Flame Lure (Fishing Rank 5 Required). You can get this spell from Haarek Silverscale in Northguard, Grizzleheim.
Non-essential Spells (But good to have!):
- Winnow Fire Fish (Fishing Rank 3 Required)
- Reveal Fish Rank 1 (Fishing rank 2 Required)
You can get these spells from Timor Flamecaster from the Labyrinth (in Necropolis, Dragonspyre). Don’t worry, you don’t need to do the entire dungeon to get to him as he’s right next to Dimitri!
Spells to help you fish quicker:
- Summon Fish (Fishing Rank 6 Required): Resets the fishing hole
- Charm Fish (Fishing Rank 6 Required): Attracts the fish to you
- Fish Lullaby (Fishing Rank 6 Required): Immobilizes the fish
You can get these spells from Frode Silverscale (next to Haarek Silverscale) in Northguard, Grizzleheim.
Bear Acuda Locations
Bear Acuda are essentially located all across Grizzleheim but here are my two favorite locations to fish at:
Northguard South-West Lake:
Helgrind Warren, Nidavellir:
This location is actually a dungeon and you need to defeat 2 bosses before being able to access the fishing area. You first defeat the Runed Annihilator and then go through the water doors and defeat the Wild Kraken. The Bear Acuda frequent the pond around the battle ring (and there’s also a Yardbird here too!)
Caveat: You’ll need to have done the Grizzleheim quests to access this area but you can teleport to a friend too!
Bear Acuda Fishing Strategy
If you don’t have ‘winnow fire fish’ or ‘reveal fish rank 1’, here’s what you should do:
1.Cast the Reveal Fish School Spell and kick out all fish that are not fire (you can kick them out by walking on them in the lake).
2.Cast your flame lures at the remaining fire fishes and hope for a bear acuda!
Tip: When your spell is invoked, press space-bar the moment you hear the ‘plop’ of the spell! This will guarantee your catch rate.
If you have the winnow fire fish spell and the reveal fish rank spell, here’s what you need to do:
- Cast the winnow fire fish spell to remove the fish from any other school from the pond
- Cast the Reveal Rank 1 Fish spell and kick away any rank 1 fire fish. This is essentially like using a manual version of the Winnow Rank 2 Fish spell.
- The fish at this point might be a little bit difficult to spot, so you can use the reveal fish location spell to make them easier to spot.
These 2 strategies should help you catch the Bear Acuda. If you weren’t able to catch it this way, you can either use the summon fish spell to reset the fishing hole or check out the other areas around Grizzleheim. The fishing holes reset every ten minutes.
Check out our other fishing guides here: